Friday, June 04, 2004

Grass cutting in France

Just sat down with a very nice real ale - McEwans Champion 7.3% and it's really nice ;)

Had to have a drink after cutting the grass. Why do people think sit on lawn mowers are COOOL? They're not! If you've got a lot of grass to cut they're just a tool to get the job done without getting too bloody knackered. However you still get rattled about and jolted all over the place....Oh yes they can be dangerous too:

I was cutting the grass on a nice sunny day and... (I'd better explain now about the brakes on my sit on lawn mower...There is one peddle it is the brake and clutch at the same time...Let it up and off you go put it down and you stop..It's got gears as well but that's not important) anyway there I was cutting around the swings no probs but I then cut under the swings which normally involves a bit of fending off of ropes etc... This time I get the swing chair and rope caught under the brake peddle!!!!!!!!! I can't push it down!!!!!!!!! I'm going forwards and UPWARDS and slewing to the side!!!!!!>.................................

Thankfully the seat has an ignition cut out. So if your backside comes off, the motor cuts out. BE WARNED SIT ON LAWN MOWERS AND KIDS PLAY AREAS ARE BAD NEWS!!! Anyway learned from that one! Built a fence around the area so I can't go in there with the sit on lawn mower...I now send my wife in with a push mower to cut that area....Hey it's good exercise and she's always watching what she eats :0

A mate of mine was driving his sit on lawn mower into a trailer to take it for repairs. He ended up trapped underneath the thing when it over balanced and back-flipped....Petrol pissing out everywhere and all his wife said was 'oh you're OK, get up'. This guy couldn't see straight he'd cracked his head on the ground and had double vision. Now that's no way for a wife to treat her husband! He's OK now!

What the hell, the grass is cut and I've got a nice drink so cheers, Bon Weekend!

Jules

No comments: